Thank you to reinreads for tagging me to do The Ultimate Book Tag.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I do unfortunately. But I can read on buses – strange.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you, and why?
Tahereh Mafi, she can make practically anything sound poetic and beautiful. Also, Gayle Forman. She has incredible talent of turning a completely soppy plot into something so heart rendering and meaningful without all the cheesiness.
3. Harry Potter series or the Twilight saga? Give three points to defend your answer.
Definitely Harry Potter.
- The characters are so much more interesting
- Magical realism
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is in it (besides books)?
I don’t carry a book bag as such. I am still in school, and I carry a backpack to school every day, I always without fail have the book I am currently reading in there along with my school books, pencil case, water and snacks.
5. Do you smell your books?
6. Books with or without little illustrations.
I don’t read many books with little illustrations, but if I am reading one, I do find them cute and quirky. I’m definitely not against illustrations.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
The Twilight saga. I used to be obsessed with the books in my early teens, my copies are all battered and broken from the amount of times I used to read them again and again. But then, I just had this epiphany and realised that it’s honestly not that great.
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
This story is not from my childhood, but from when I was around 12/13, and I’m gonna share it anyway! I was in my maths lesson and at the time I was reading Angus Thongs and Full Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison. Naturally I was a 12-year-old embarrassed at the title because I mean it had the words thongs and snogging in it. I had the book on my desk as I had been reading it outside the class and my teacher was about to pick up the book to see what I was reading. I quickly covered up the title and wouldn’t let him see what I was reading and it turned into this battle of him trying to see what I was reading and me not wanting him to. We were pulling the book back and fourth between us but then I let go and he toppled backwards with the book in his hand, took one look at the title, went bright red and handed the book back to me. Yes, I was quite sassy in those days.
9. What is the tiniest book on your shelf?
Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist – David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
A Game of Thrones – George R.R. Martin
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I write in my diary a lot and I have tried to write short stories before, but have never finished any of them. I used to want to be an author when I was little but I think I just changed my mind because I don’t see myself being an author. Having a book published with my name out there would be nice though!
12. When did you get into reading?
Ever since I could really. My dad’s a huge reader, and he was the one that instilled in me that reading is pleasurable.
13. What is your favourite classic book?
Pride and Prejudice or To Kill A Mockingbird
14. In school what was your best subject, Language Arts/English?
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
I used to be given books all the time as presents when I was younger by my aunties and uncles but I’d always read them all. But if I hated it, then I’d graciously accept and remark that I’d read it before and enjoyed it in the hopes that they’d take it back and maybe exchange it haha.
16. What is a bad habit you always do while blogging?
I get distracted so easily by the internet that what should take me a 20 minute post takes me about two hours. Also, I have this awful habit of writing three quarters of the post and then decide it’s boring and delete all of it.
17. What is your favourite word?
It changes all the time, but right now it’s eloquent.
18. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Probably a dork, hm.
19. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Vampires; I haven’t read many fairy books.
20. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels because Akiva.
21. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Neither to be honest.
22. Zombies or Vampires? Why?
Vampires; again, I haven’t read many zombie books.
23. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
They’re both so overdone. Don’t shoot me but a very well done love triangle has me weak at the knees.
24. And finally: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in.